i have been searching for any technical help regarding my project, hypersonic speakers,but my efforts were in vain. hypersonic speakers are interesting to work upon. kindly guide if if you have any knowledge regarding the topic. Mail from GA
This looks like something from the "Believe it or not", I cannot understand it well, but logging it here. - delabs
What Are Some Woody Norris Successes?
Hypersonic Sound: Sound From Thin Air - Mix two signals in a nonlinear medium and you'll end up with four - two at the original frequencies....
"Acoustic heterodyning can be created by a single transducer or by a pair of transducers. A single transducer would be fed a signal at a "carrier frequency" and a second signal that would provide the desired (audible) difference frequencies when mixed with the carrier. If a pair of transducers were used, one would operate at the carrier frequency and the second at a frequency required to produce the desired output.
If the carrier frequency of the transducer were 200 kHz, an upward swing of 20 kHz - or just 10 percent - would cover the entire audio range. In theory, this should result in a response that is virtually flat across the audio range - something that no speaker"
Hypersonic Sound speakers are like Invisible headphones.
Sound technology turns the way you hear on its ear -
Acoustical Society of America Lay Paper on Hypersonic Sound: -
HyperSonic Sound HSS from American Technology Corporation employs ultrasonics to create audible sound in the air. It works by using harmless ultrasonic tones that we can't hear
More from Woody Norris - HyperSonic Sound. speaker
"With conventional speakers, the sound is projected by moving the air containing the sound waves against a cone moving back and forth inside the box. But with Woody's speakers, it's a process that happens in the air itself. Sound is beamed at the wall and it comes off the wall where it is imbedded on top of the ultrasound. A process that happens in the air unimbeds it, or demodulates the two, so in essence, the room in which you are using the speakers is, itself, the speaker box. "
Meet Woody Norris
Thanks for your reply for hypersonic speakers , but sir i am unable to have any positive feed backs as far as its making is concerned, i have contacted hypersonic industries also in this context, but they want me to buy a unit. i will see what i can do. thank you once again for your help.
Reply from GA
I dont know if this idea is good for college projects, but you can buy a Hypersonic Speaker and demonstrate an application in automation.
Friday, March 18, 2016
Elex Quna - 2008
- Using LEDs with Battery Power
- LF353 - Wide Bandwidth Dual JFET
- Insulation Resistance Analyzer Required
- Logic Analyzer on Computer
- Room Temperature Monitor and Alarm
- Orcad Spice Simulation CD4060
- Application for 8051 mcu project
- How does RTD Work
- Build RFID transmitter and receiver
- Continuity Tester
- Scart to RGBS Circuit
- 8254 Programmable Interval Timer Counter
- Ultra Sound Sender Detecter Diagram
- Understanding Transistor Power Dissipation
- Leakage of SSR driving AC Solenoid
- Hypersonic Speakers Acoustic Heterodyning
- SCADA System - Project Idea
- RTD Connections - 3W 4-20mA transmiter
- Battery Management and Supply Design
- Power Oscillator Circuit Design
Elex Quna - 2007
- Coffee maker PID Temperature Control
- Comparison of Thermocouple and RTD
- Door access controller
- Dynamic Digital Tutors
- Electronic Fifteen LED Roulette
- Electronic Projects Needed
- Flashing Neon lamp for Soldering iron
- Guard rings in strain gauge measurement
- how bently nevada proximity sensor works
- Mains Stabilty and Supply Regulation
- Metal Detector Circuits Problem
- PIC Projects and Circuits
- Polarized Capacitors and 555
- Power control and Robotics
- Precision Temperature Control with PID and SSR
- RS Latch Erroneously setting by Itself
- Significance of Current Loop 4 to 20 mA Standard
- Simple Battery Characterizer
- SSR Open Circuit Leakage Voltage
- uC Board is Misbehaving on Brown Out
- Ultrasonic distance measurement
- Usage of Schmitt trigger NAND Gates
- Visual Inspection for Quality Control