Saturday, April 18, 2015

Battery Boost Circuits

(This is a thread of my Google Talk many years ago - you will be able to notice text communication is quite difficult. sometimes even verbal expression will not specify the need, We need clear drawings and specs)

Sam: Hi! Anantha  I was going thrugh some IC like MAX8880/MAX8881, can u help me with using that with input from my batteries?
dapj: let me see

Sam: It's datasheet says that Supply current [Iin] = 10uA max does it mean it will draw a max of 10uA from my battery?

dapj: it looks like it will work from 2.5 to 12V and it can give you a 5v out 200ma
Sam: Exactly!
dapj: is 5V enough 200mA too, but it cannot boost voltage

Sam: my concern is with my input. What about using rechargeable batteries [4x1, 2100mAh] to act as input to this IC. will it consume 10uA if I do so while my load to the output may vary from 100mA to 200uA

Battery Boost Circuits Max8880

dapj: if you want 5V you need to feed this atleast 5.5V this chip does not consume anything (the uA is Standby consumption )but it is not a voltage doublet or a charge pump

Step-Up/Step-Down Converter Features Ultra-Low Quiescent Current

Sam: OK, I need to feed it anything between 5.5 -12V, Do we get recharge battery near about 2V, 2100mA
dapj - a 12 v battery can be recharged when 11.8V is reached it may charge upto 12.8 V in Li ion

Fast, smart NiCD/NiMh battery charger - The MAX713 is designed for NiCd batteries, while the 712 is for NiMh batteries.

delabs Circuits

Practical Electronics

Practical Electronics
Basic Electronics, EE Reference Resource, Analog, Digital, Power and Electrical.

Search This Blog