Friday, March 17, 2017
RTD PT100 Transmitter and Multiplexer
Comment from CV of Spain
You have a three wire RTD, there is also a 4 wire RTD type, This circuit can be used for both.
In the 3W RTD you have two wires coming from the same point (zero ohms between them) the third wire will be 100 ohms from these two. From the two wires that are at same point take one wire and give 1mA from Q3 + OUT. The other wire of the pair connect to input +..... input - can be connected to the 100E end.
So imagine that I have three wires one white and two blacks.
One black to +OUT 1ma
Other black to input-
And waht about the withe one that is the one that give me arround 100ohms??
Reply from CV
Black 1 - +Out 1mA
Black 2 - +Input
White goes to -Input
See NI Developer Zone - RTD Connections
Monday, January 09, 2017
Mail from MU
Read the pages in links below, that ought to clarify your doubts. Last edited February 16, 2007
Comparison of Thermistors, Thermocouples and RTD's ... Unlike RTD's and thermistors thermocouples have plus and minus legs so polarity must be observed.
Comparision of Thermistors, Thermocouples and RTD's
Thermocouple - No resistance lead wire problems, Fastest response; RTD - Most stable, accurate, Contamination resistant,; Thermistor - High output, fast, Point temperature sensing.
Watlow - Temperature Sensor Comparison Guide
Since thermocouples measure wide temperature ranges and are relatively rugged, they are very often used industrial and process applications where accuracy may be a less important factor.
RTD vs. Thermocouple comparison chart
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
How Resistance temperature detector works?
Post by JG
The most popular RTD is PT-100, Platinum 100 Ohms, As all Metals have a Temperature Coefficient of Resistance. The Resistance of RTD increases with rise in temperature.
Even Copper wire can be used, but you need to have a very thin and long wire to make usable measurements.
- Resistance: Temperature Coefficient
- Resistance thermometer - Wikipedia
- What are RTDs?
- What is a Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD)?
This is an answer of mine to an old post - 2006
Elex Quna - 2008
- Using LEDs with Battery Power
- LF353 - Wide Bandwidth Dual JFET
- Insulation Resistance Analyzer Required
- Logic Analyzer on Computer
- Room Temperature Monitor and Alarm
- Orcad Spice Simulation CD4060
- Application for 8051 mcu project
- How does RTD Work
- Build RFID transmitter and receiver
- Continuity Tester
- Scart to RGBS Circuit
- 8254 Programmable Interval Timer Counter
- Ultra Sound Sender Detecter Diagram
- Understanding Transistor Power Dissipation
- Leakage of SSR driving AC Solenoid
- Hypersonic Speakers Acoustic Heterodyning
- SCADA System - Project Idea
- RTD Connections - 3W 4-20mA transmiter
- Battery Management and Supply Design
- Power Oscillator Circuit Design
Elex Quna - 2007
- Coffee maker PID Temperature Control
- Comparison of Thermocouple and RTD
- Door access controller
- Dynamic Digital Tutors
- Electronic Fifteen LED Roulette
- Electronic Projects Needed
- Flashing Neon lamp for Soldering iron
- Guard rings in strain gauge measurement
- how bently nevada proximity sensor works
- Mains Stabilty and Supply Regulation
- Metal Detector Circuits Problem
- PIC Projects and Circuits
- Polarized Capacitors and 555
- Power control and Robotics
- Precision Temperature Control with PID and SSR
- RS Latch Erroneously setting by Itself
- Significance of Current Loop 4 to 20 mA Standard
- Simple Battery Characterizer
- SSR Open Circuit Leakage Voltage
- uC Board is Misbehaving on Brown Out
- Ultrasonic distance measurement
- Usage of Schmitt trigger NAND Gates
- Visual Inspection for Quality Control