Search This Blog

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Winding Transformers and Coils

i would need your help in designing transformers for rechargeable lamps. i really don't understand what the dots in front a coil stands for. all help (including pictures) would be really appreciated. my own just packed a few days ago and i would love to recoil the transformer.

mail from LA

You will have to do a lot of study in the internet, and experimentation too. Transformer winding is a specialized profession not a hobby at all. You can wind some coils or small signal transformers, that is ok. Please do not try to wind mains or 230/110 V transformers at home.

Winding Transformers

I can only give some tips, precautions and techniques to a winder. study these links....
I have put the link of a page but see all the pages of the website. The Dot polarity in a transformer stands for the direction of winding relative to each other. The Direction of winding could be clockwise or anti-clockwise.

delabs

1 comment:

Sam Smith said...

The most common technology used in metal detectors is VLF. metal detector for gold Vary the depth of the buried items to see how it affects the response of your metal detector.

Post a Comment

Discuss at the delabs EE Forum